Turn the world around you into a computer with interactive projected displays!
This tool makes building interactive projected displays quick and easy!
Ubi Displays enables you to drag-and-drop interactive web content into the world around you. You can use it to prototype new kinds computer interfaces for interior designs and furniture. Think of it as a programming environment for physical spaces.
In the past, similar systems required a lot of time and skill to build. As a result, it has been difficult for them leave research labs and make it out into the hands of people who want to apply and innovate with them in their own way. The aim of this toolkit is to make building an interactive projected display as simple as building a web page. By allowing more people to try it out and experiment with new ways of interacting with buildings, furniture and appliances, we will hopefully learn about how to design better interfaces for the future.
- Microsoft Kinect
- Projector (external monitor)
- Windows 7 (or higher) PC with i7 Processor
- .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Kinect SDK v1.6
- You can see the showcase and get community support on our forums, launched 16th July 2013
- We also have a list of common problems here: known issue